Today marks exactly one year since we arrived on the mountain after leaving North Queensland.
So what’s happened in that year? What have we achieved in that time?
1. I haven’t been back to visit my home town, ONCE! (I thought I'd be back after a month.)
2. All the Poinker kids have visited several times and one of them (Hagar) is now living here in our house without paying board which makes me feel all warm and nostalgic.
3. My beloved sister and her family have visited twice which was great because I have missed her a bit.
4. I now have a proper job at a rural school which I love to bits and is the nicest school I've ever taught at.
5. Scotto is running a successful business repairing and building computers.
6. I now own seven hens with five baby chicks on the way.
Yesterday one of the 'hens' crowed, which is unusual for a hen (in case you are reading this and work for the local council and receive a complaint about us keeping a rooster on the premises... which we aren't... it's just a hen that crows).
7. All four dogs and one cat are thriving and getting quite fat and haven't had one paralysis tick between them.
8. I’ve had shingles and am now a bit deaf (but that has positives).
9. I now grow my own herbs which I use in my cooking.
10. Scotto is now an auxilliary fireman.
You read that right.
My own frickin HUSBAND is a hot FIRIE!
Can you imagine the potential for role play????
“Bring that big old oxygen tank over here, sweet baby.”
“Tell me, is that pole of yours as really, really slippery as it looks?”
“Wow! Now that’s what I call a huge mother of a hose!”
Scotto gets to wear THREE different uniforms!!!
He’s not allowed to bring the most expensive one (which is used in real firefighting) home and I can only IMAGINE why… it probably stains easily or something.
I reckon he should be Mr September in the firemen calendar because that’s my birthday and it would be a nice present.
I shouldn't be so silly and flippant because firefighting is very serious business but...
how do you think he should pose for the calendar?